The Coney Island Museum Fundraiser, Once Upon a Time in Coney Island: A Virtual Celebration of the People’s Playground, This Saturday, December 5, 2020, 8pm!
We miss your Funny Faces! Please join the Coney Island Museum — on Zoom — for Once Upon a Time in Coney Island, a salon-like evening of readings, stories, performances, and memories that capture the heart and soul of the People’s Playground. Hosted by the inimitable Adam Realman, our Museum benefit will feature luminaries including Neil Gaiman, Alice Hoffman, Kevin Baker, Bill Griffith, Todd Robbins, Richard Eagan, Trav SD, and others to be announced. Amid the chaos and strife that defined 2020, this special event is an easy escape into the wonders of Coney Island. Apart but together, we’ll focus on what makes this place so magical … and with your generous support, begin the next chapter in its spectacular story.
With Special Guests:
- Neil Gaiman (Sandman, Coraline, American Gods, The Ocean At the End of the Lane)
- Alice Hoffman (The Museum of Extraordinary Things, Practical Magic, Magic Lessons)
- Ann Aptaker (Genuine Gold; Flesh and Gold; A Taco, A T-Bird, A Beretta, and One Furious Night)
- Kevin Baker (Dreamland, Paradise Alley)
- Richard Eagan - Actor, Artist, Musician
- Jennifer Egan (Manhattan Beach, A Visit From the Goon Squad)
- Bill Griffith (Nobody’s Fool: The Life and Times of Schlitzie the Pinhead, Lost and Found)
- John Major (111 Places In Brooklyn That You Must Not Miss)
- Philomena Marano - Artist, Visual Designer, Storyteller
- Larry Racioppo - Photographer
- Dawn Raffel (The Strange Case of Dr. Couney, The Secret Life of Objects)
- Trav SD (Rose’s Royal Midgets, No Applause), Actor, Director, Playright
- Todd Robbins (The Modern Con Man: How To Get Something For Nothing), Entertainer
- Chris T. - "The Voice of the Mermaid Parade", Writer, Producer, Creator and Host of "Aerial View”
Join Us for the “After-Party”
It's the next best thing to the Freak Bar! Your ticket includes access to a special Zoom get-together immediately after the fundraiser. We’ll be sharing a separate link you can use at the end of Saturday's program to spend some quality time with the Coney Island USA family. We can't wait to see everyone!
Tickets are $15 and can be purchased here.
Ticket sales end on Saturday, December 5, at 12pm ET.
A Zoom link to join us online, will be emailed on the day of the event.